Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our Angel Above

To our darling Angel Mom,

Four years ago today you spread your wings and flew to heaven. How I prayed you wouldn't go and leave us! How I wished I could have reeled you back in and kept you with us forever. I prayed so hard, offering God everything I owned for more time with you. But that's so selfish of me, isn't it? I know we each have our own journey, our own destiny, and I have no power to change that. Yet how shocking it is that you were taken so soon. And how difficult it has been for us since you've gone. Nothing is the same, nothing will ever be the same again.

We miss you every single day, mom. We still go to pick up the phone and call you, oh those wonderful, funny phone calls! We were so lucky to have you, always there for us, never ever turning away from us. We had so many plans, the "girls" trip to England with your daughters and their daughters to visit all of the places Rosemund Pilcher wrote about in the books we all loved. Our family trip to Ireland, all of us together in a place you loved so much.

If I could have any wish, mom, you know what it would be. One more day...to hold you, to laugh with you, to tell you again how very much I love you. Can you see me? Can you hear me? Do you know how much I miss and love you? How much we all miss and love you? You would be so proud of your grandchildren, mom! They're all growing so fast, and are so beautiful. Your little Annie is amazing...just like you. I do believe you see...you know. Don't forget me, my mom. I will never forget you. Until we meet again, you have my heart...always. xx, Ker

3 comments:

  1. pass the tissues please. ker, she will never forget you or any of us. she's making it nice for when we come! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is doll. She's making it ready for us, just as Carly Simon said, like a turned down bed after a late night. I know we have to be strong, it's just so darn hard some days! But we are daughters of Ann Manion, and we are strong! Look what we have survived...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Kathy and I think this is a beautiful blog site to honor your Mother in Heaven. I am sure she is there...just by having such a sweet daughter as you...tells me a lot about Her...

    My Mother died 10 years ago...and I still think of her very, very often. When she died, I got really, really close to Jesus...trying to find my Mother in Heaven, if that was possible. And somehow it was...God allowed me to know that my Mother was safe, happy and could watch over me whenever she wanted.
    And I believe your beautiful Mother can do the same...

    If you want to visit my blog site...I started one to honor Jesus...and inspire others to grow closer to HIM... it is called
    JESUSKNOWSYOUBEST.BLOGSPOT.COM OR just Google
    JESUS KNOWS YOU BEST....
    I hope it makes you feel better in some small way. Write back if you wish. It would be nice to hear from you...and I will visit again.
    Sincerely,
    Kathy from the Hamptons, NY

    ReplyDelete