Monday, June 1, 2009

Summertime

Things haven't been easy lately...for any of us. Financially, emotionally, physically...so many issues each and every day. I'm really looking forward to some nice sunny days, some summertime enjoyment. Remember those kinds of days? Hot summer days with your friends, swimming, driving around, hiking...or just generally getting into trouble. I remember those days! Now I have worries...what will my young daughter do this summer while I'm working full time? Will my son find a job? What does his future hold? Will I be able to hold on to this job or maybe even get a better one? In this economy, who knows? I'm lucky to be working.
And our home...such a pretty townhouse yet so many problems from day one. Exterior leaking into the basement...interior leaking from the master tub...broken gutters causing floods outside...and now the washer and dryer from hell have broken down...boo hoo. Let me tell you how much I love spending all that money at the laundromat...such fun. But no money for a new set yet, so cry me a river, has to be done.
We have it pretty good...things aren't that bad when you think about it. If we could all get healthy, that would be the most important thing. If my son would graduate from high school, that would be really great. If my daughter can find something great to do and not be alone, I'd feel so much better. And maybe inbetween the rinse cycle and the dryer, we can find a stream to stick our toes into. Grab some good times wherever we can.

2 comments:

  1. it'll get better! it HAS to. enjoy what you have - i found a penny i can donate to your washer/dryer fund!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, a lucky penny! Hey, it might work! xx

    ReplyDelete